The European Clinical Specialization Fluency consortium (www.ecsf.eu) has been running courses for qualified SLTs since 2008 with an annual intake of around 20 students. Members of this consortium are specialist therapists, researchers and lecturers working in the area of fluency disorders, drawn from 13 universities and colleges in 9 EU countries, along with two associate partners from Centers of Excellence for working the people with fluency disorders. The one-year intensive course leads to a qualification as an ECSF-recognized Fluency Therapist, a significant step towards becoming a Fluency Specialist. This unique graduate course, comprising of 25 ECTS, encompasses clinical and academic components.
The process of becoming a European Fluency Specialist is open to ECSF graduates as well as eligible clinicians and academics with special interest in fluency disorders. This process involves documentation re. clinical and/or academic activities, continued professional development activities, and informal discussion groups, within a time frame of three years.
The EFS Board reviews the documentation, approves applications in accordance with stated criteria and registers the applicant accordingly.
The process of certification involves the following steps:
- Candidates must complete the initial application (Document A) informing the European Fluency Specialist Board of the intention to acquire European Fluency Specialist status. This includes proof of eligibility and initial payment for non-ECSF graduates (€50 non-refundable).
- Once informed of eligibility to complete the process of certification, payment of €100 (non-refundable) is required. Candidates will undertake the specified activities (Document B) within a 3-year period, then completing and submitting documentation for review.
- Once approved, the certification process is complete and the person can use the title of European Fluency Specialist.
- To maintain certification, candidates must provide proof of accomplishments of the required activities annually (document C), along with payment of €50 annually.
- Every three years, the European Fluency Specialist Board will review the documented required activities for candidates to maintain certification (document D).
Please note that the Documents under ‘The downloads’ are merely for informative purposes and do not need to be uploaded. Only Appendix A & D need to be downloaded, completed and scanned.
Bank account information
Account: NL50 INGB 0007 1952 59
SWIFT/BIC: INGBNL 2A